Re: [Xen-devel] [Apply for Xen Outreach Prj] QEMU analysis

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:28:38PM -0500, Lee Naroah wrote:
> Hi Mr. Monné,
>
>     My name is Haoran Li.  I am a second year Ph. D student in Computer
> Science.  My research interest is Real-Time Virtualization.  I wonder to
> know some more details of the project,  "*QEMU xen-blkback performance
> analysis and improvements*", as shown in
> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_Projects.

Hello,

Part of this project has already been completed, see:

http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=b6eb9b45f7307638ff166401721ae6d0401e1d67

(I've also updated the projects page in order to reflect this)

So you will have choose between one of the two remaining proposed
improvements. It's still not clear whether they will provide a performance
improvement over the current code, so some analysis will be needed in order
to decide which one is better. Also, AFAICT the deadline for
Outreachy applications is already over (it was the 17th of October) [0].

Roger.

[0] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy