Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Solaris support still required?

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 02:21:42PM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
> On 03/11/16 14:13, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > On Nov 3, 2016 8:49 AM, Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Xen tools contain several sources specific to Solaris, e.g. in
> >> libxc, xenstored, xenstat, some other libs.
> >>
> >> Is this still required? If yes, all of it?
> >>

> > Could we wait with the answer to say until beginning of 2017?
>
> Okay. Makes me suspicious, though. :-)

I am just swamped so giving myself some time to answer.

> >> Google tells me Oracle has dropped XVM support on Solaris.
> >
> > Correct.
> >
> > Albeit Solaria does work under Xen with PV drivers (as an HVM guest).
>
> Sure. But this shouldn't need Xen tools to be built for Solaris, right?

That I am not sure. I know we have some services that use libxenstore
inside of the guests (domU). And those services I believe could also
be compiled under Solaris (domU) guest. I need to verify that.