Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Solaris support still required? Illumos Xen

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 01:49:07PM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Xen tools contain several sources specific to Solaris, e.g. in
> libxc, xenstored, xenstat, some other libs.
>
> Is this still required? If yes, all of it?
>
> Google tells me Oracle has dropped XVM support on Solaris.
> Openindiana seems to have replaced XVM by a KVM port.

In 2014 there was some work being done by Igor Kozhukhov (CC'd) to get Illumos
(Opensolaris) Xen support improved / working..

Illumos Xen 4.3 port status:
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-01/msg02240.html

Illumos Xen dom0:
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg00146.html

Illumos PV domU support:
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01160.html

Let's hope Igor can comment if he's still working on Illumos Xen stuff..

-- Pasi