Re: [Xen-devel] [COVERITY ACCESS] for Embedded/Automotive team

On 22.11.16 15:42, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 22/11/16 11:55, Lars Kurth wrote:
>> On 22/11/2016 11:51, "Julien Grall" <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lars,

>>> I thought coverity was hooking into the build system by replacing the
>>> compiler, right?
>>>
>>> If so, how does coverity analyze xen/arch/arm?
>> I guess that is a question for someone else who is more familiar with the
>> set-up. But there shouldn't be any technical reason which prevents
>> Coverity scan from running on any CPU specific code.
> There is no technical problem with using Coverity for ARM.  Coverity, as
> a product, is capable of doing this.
>
> The problem is that Coverity Scan only offers us one stream for the Xen
> Project, and we cannot mix architectures within a single stream.  (Not
> that we physically can't, but that the change tracking of defects would
> be meaningless).
>
> The only way we could scan for ARM is if we could be given multiple
> different streams (one per arch) to use, and Coverity have already said
> no to this request.  This is a politics problem, not a technical problem.

Andrew, I understand, thanks.

Would it be still possible to get Scan model files for us? We would like
to update them for use with ARM. BTW, we could set up ARM build Coverity
Scan with GitHub/Travis only limited by amount of runs per week
(depending on number LOC number).

BR, Artem