Re: [Xen-devel] FATAL TRAP on __do_update_va_mapping when booting Xen 4.8

On 15/12/16 16:33, Vincent Legout wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're getting a FATAL TRAP when booting Xen 4.8 on 2 different servers (Xeon
> L5640 and Xeon L5520). The same xen binary boots fine on a third server with a
> Xeon E5-2650 v2 CPU, and the 3 servers boot fine when Xen is built with -01
> instead of -02 (gcc 4.9.2-10 from Debian jessie).
>
> I've attached the boot log, and I've uploaded the xen and xen.syms binary
> here:
>
>  http://legout.info/~vincent/xen
>
> Would anyone have any idea? I'll be happy to provide more information if
> needed.

I discussed this issue with Roger on IRC earlier.

The backtrace reminded me of a compiler bug we identified, but that was
with GCC 6, so probably isn't applicable here.

How patched is Xen? Is it stock debian?

Can you provide the full build log including all compiler arguments, and
xen-syms for both the -O1 and -O2 case.  If it is a compiler bug, I will
need to compare the two disassembles.

~Andrew