Re: [Xen-devel] boot from xen hypervisor

Hi

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 09:45:46AM -0500, Zvclproject Zvclproject wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Acutely I'm working to install the xenserver from source code but I'm still
> stuck in the booting phase of the xen hypervisor I can't modify the grub of

Note that XenServer != upstream Xen.

> the CENTOS the documentation is omit that in the xenproject website. Also
> the dom0 installation is unclear for me.
> I have followed following links
>
> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source
> https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_4.2_Build_From_Source_On_RHEL_CentOS_Fedora
> https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Dom0_Kernels_for_Xen
> https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps

> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/XenServer
> https://wiki.xenserver.org/Category:XCP

You shouldn't need these two.

> and more than that, but unfortunately I can't continue.
>
> Can you do a demonstration for beginner about the xen source code and the
> sequence of installation it from source code.

Please be specific about your goals and your problems. What is not clear
in those documents?

Depending on your distribution there might be different quirks to
install Xen.

My known working configuration is with Debian, but I believe there are
other people who use CentOS.

Wei.