Re: [Xen-devel] [DOC v8] PV Calls protocol design

On 01/27/2017 08:48 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, Oleksandr Andrushchenko wrote:
Hi, Stefano!
#### Error numbers

The numbers corresponding to the error names specified by POSIX are:

      [EPERM]         -1
      [ENOENT]        -2

Don't you want to use Xen's errno.h here as described in [1]?
So we have error codes consistent for all PV protocols?

Thanks,
Oleksandr

[1] https://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=148545604312317&w=2

Hi Oleksandr,

PVCalls is a bit different, because the protocol is meant to send POSIX
calls to the backend, therefore, I have to use POSIX error names in the
protocol.

I could assign any numbers to the names though. It makes sense to use
the Xen/Linux error numbers for simplicity. Whether I declare them
directly as numbers as I have done here, or indirectly as XEN_ERRNO, I
don't think it matters much. But I think that using numbers is clearer,
that's why I did it that way.
got it, thanks