Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 0/6] Rangeset generalisation

Dear Paul,

> Many moons ago there were patches to use rbtree for rangesets. Perhaps it
> would be worth reviving that idea?
rbtree is a thing I think of now for our needs.
Even more, currently I think of refactoring ARM mmio ranges managing
to use rbtree one day. Currently there is a static array of 16 ranges
maximum with sort on insert and bsearch there. With introducing of
shared coprocessor framework system would need more mmio ranges, and
dynamic data structure fast search capable looks good to fit their
needs.
I assume Julien did not consider rangesets for ARM mmio managing due
to no range priv data for r/w handlers, linked list search slowness
and ranges merging capabilities.

Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.