Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 0/6] Rangeset generalisation

>>> On 16.02.17 at 13:45, <andrii.anisov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Paul,
>
>> The cleanup seems a good thing to do to me.
>
> So I would collect comments, rebase it to latest master and push the
> second version without RFC.
>
>> Any particular reason this series is RFC?
>
> The reason to make this series was an intention to use rangesets to
> manage mmio ranges in our shared coprocessor framework.

If this is meant to be per-domain management - how many such
ranges do you expect to be necessary for any one domain? We've
had attempts before to (ab)use rangesets for such a purpose.

> It was planned
> to extend range with `void* priv` to extend functionality.
> Unfortunately the rangeset feature to merge ranges makes it unusable
> for our needs. Also linked list, even sorted, is not really good in
> search.

This concern makes me assume there might be quite many of them,
which then makes this a no-go for unprivileged domains.

Jan