Re: [Xen-devel] [GSoC] Xen on ARM: create multiple guests from device tree

Hello Julien
> Il giorno 23 mar 2017, alle ore 15:49, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> ha
> scritto:
>
> Hello Luca,
>
> On 23/03/17 02:23, Luca Miccio wrote:
>> I tried also this method but i had the same error. So i came up with the
>> idea of removing the
>> psci method from the configure and also from the dtsi file that i have
>> changed.
>
> I guess you are using only 1 core in this case. Am I right?

No, i am using 4 cores, with —cores option and i think that i am using actually
4 cores
because on the model “control panel” i have 4 green triangles which ones of
them should
represent the number of cores and their status.
It is only my opinion so, please, tell me if i am wrong.

>> With this configuration the model booted up correctly, even if the
>> process took about 10 minutes.
>> Just for my personal knowledge: it is normal that the boot is very slow?
>> Is the rootfs that i’m using?
>
> Booting a full distro on the model can be slow. Usually I write my own
> initscript to start the necessary daemon and skip systemd.
>
> 42sh> cat /root/init.sh
>
> set -x
> mount -t proc proc  /proc
> mount -t devtmpfs dev /dev
>
> export HOME=/root
>
> rm -rf /var/run/xenstore
> rm -rf /var/run/xen
>
> /etc/init.d/xencommons start
>
> exec /bin/bash

> And I pass init=/root/init.sh on the Linux kernel command line.

That helped a lot, thank you.
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Julien Grall