Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM] Native application design and discussion (I hope)

Stefano,

On 22.04.17 00:24, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
The key is to be simple. If it becomes complex, then we are reinventing
stubdoms.

If the workload needs hardware access, periodical scheduling and it's
only once instance for all domains, then it's probably better as a
stubdom.

If the workloads doesn't need hardware access, it's one instance per
domain, at most it needs to register a timer with Xen, then it would be
fine as EL0 app. For the EL0 app framework, I'll start from there.
If we are speaking about shared coprocessors framework, we need here several things:
 - MMIO access emulation
- periodic actions (scheduling) which at least will include IOMMU reconfiguration and some actions with coprocessor hardware itself in runtime
 - coprocessor interrupts handling and redistribution to target domains

From one and we would like to have that stuff encapsulated in some container (application), somehow separated from XEN. From other hand minimal overhead is desired.

--

*Andrii Anisov*