Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] scf: SCF device tree and configuration documentation

Dear All,

During the topic implementation I faced a nasty issue with a DomU vgic configuration. Originally I planned that the partial device tree for DomU is being passed to the hypervisor from libxl__arch_domain_create, but it is too late to set vgic configuration at this time. The DomU’s vgic is configured from libxl_arch_domain_prepare_config, and now it seems it is a proper place to send device_tree to a hypervisor as a part of configuration. Provided that I need the device tree blob even later, during device tree creation for domU (in libxl_prepare_dtb) I would like to have it read from a file
once and keep it during guest domain creation process.

My problem is that domain creation functions stack mainly operates with auto generated structures. For my current understanding it means that I have to introduce another libxl type (f.e. File) which will read device tree file and operate with a binary blob.

Understanding the complexity of such a change I would like to hear comments about the SCF configuration concept and feasibility of passing device tree blob from toolstack
to hypervisor as a part of domain configuration.

*Andrii Anisov*