Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] EDAC infomation partially missing

>>> On 14.05.17 at 00:36, <ehem+debian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I haven't yet done as much experimentation as Andreas Pflug has, but I
> can confirm I'm also running into this bug with Xen 4.4.1.
>
> I've only tried Linux kernel 3.16.43, but as Dom0:
>
> EDAC MC: Ver: 3.0.0
> AMD64 EDAC driver v3.4.0
> EDAC amd64: DRAM ECC enabled.
> EDAC amd64: NB MCE bank disabled, set MSR 0x0000017b[4] on node 0 to enable.
> EDAC amd64: ECC disabled in the BIOS or no ECC capability, module will not
> load.
> AMD64 EDAC driver v3.4.0
> EDAC amd64: DRAM ECC enabled.
> EDAC amd64: NB MCE bank disabled, set MSR 0x0000017b[4] on node 0 to enable.
> EDAC amd64: ECC disabled in the BIOS or no ECC capability, module will not
> load.

Afaict the driver as is simply can't work in a Xen Dom0; it needs
enabling (read: para-virtualizing). I'm actually glad to see it doesn't
load (the worse alternative would be for it to load and then do the
wrong thing or give you a false sense of safety of your data).

Jan