Re: [Xen-devel] [early RFC] ARM PCI Passthrough design document

Hello Sameer,

On 19/05/17 07:38, Goel, Sameer wrote:

On 12/29/2016 7:04 AM, Julien Grall wrote:

### Finding the StreamID and DeviceID

The static table IORT (see [5]) will provide information that will help to
deduce the StreamID and DeviceID from a given RID.

IORT table will also need some information on PCI seg to parse through the table
and find the required SMMU. Should, we consider the API to be similar to Linux.
This will mandate pulling in parts of fw_spec which will make the bookkeeping
for
SMMUs easier.

I haven't looked closely at the code. I would say we need to pull what makes sense.

I would recommend you to send an RFC of your proposal where we can discuss about the various ways.

Also, for arm64 will be be reusing the current definition of struct pci_device?
(SBDF specifically)

Do you mean pci_dev in Xen? Or something else?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall