[Xen-devel] Xen 4.9 RC4 test result

We performed Xen 4.9 RC4 testing on Intel Xeon Skylake, Broadwell, Haswell server platforms, verified many functional features on Xen 4.9. We’d like to share the result out.

Most of features passed to testing on Xen 4.9 RC4, RAS and nested has some bugs.

RAS:

1.      xen-mceinj tool testing cause dom0 crash https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg108671.html

2.      CPU online/offline fail, Luwei is fixing it: https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg108660.html

Nested:

Nested is worse although we know it’s an experimental feature. Only Xen on Xen works, others hybrid such as KVM on Xen, hyperV on Xen, VMware on Xen all fail.

The status is same as Xen 4.8 rc2. https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Nested_Virtualization_in_Xen

Live migration:

Repeated live migration for VM failed https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg108665.html

Features