Re: [Xen-devel] Question about hvm_monitor_interrupt

On 07/22/2017 12:33 AM, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> Hey Razvan,

Hello,

> the vm_event that is being generated by doing
> VM_EVENT_FLAG_GET_NEXT_INTERRUPT sends almost all required information
> about the interrupt to the listener to allow it to get reinjected,
> except the instruction length. If the listener wants to reinject the
> interrupt to the guest via xc_hvm_inject_trap the instruction length
> is something needing to be specified. So shouldn't that information be
> included in the vm_event?

We only care about requesting guest page faults (TRAP_page_fault), so
that we may be able to inspect things like swapped-out pages, so for
that purpose the instruction length is not necessary. Having said that,
there's nothing against adding the instruction length to the vm_event if
you need it.

Thanks,
Razvan