Re: [Xen-devel] [GSOC] Xen on ARM: create multiple guests from device tree

> Hello Denis,

Hello Stefano,
> it is great to see interest in Xen on ARM and this project!
>
> Unfortunately RPi3 can't run Xen as far as I know due to their non-ARM
> interrupt controller without virtualization support. Otherwise it would
> have been a good dev board. The BeagleBoard doesn't have processors with
> virtualization support so it cannot run Xen either (it needs an Cortex
> A7 or A15).
I have RPi2 and it has Cortex A7 AFAIK.

> But that's not a problem, because the latest QEMU (2.11) can run Xen
> just fine. Build QEMU with --target-list=aarch64-softmmu, then you can
> run it with:
>
> qemu-system-aarch64 -machine virt,gic_version=3 \
>     -machine virtualization=true \
>     -cpu cortex-a57 -machine type=virt \
>     -smp 4 -m 2048 \
>     -serial stdio -monitor none \
>     -bios /path/QEMU_EFI.fd \
>     -netdev user,id=hostnet0 -device virtio-net-device,netdev=hostnet0 \
>     -drive if=none,file=$DISK1,id=hd0 -device virtio-blk-device,drive=hd0
>
> Where DISK1 is your EFI ready disk image and QEMU_EFI.fd can be
> downloaded from:
>
> http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/kernel/leg-virt-tianocore-edk2-upstream/latest/QEMU-AARCH64/RELEASE_GCC5/QEMU_EFI.fd
>
> See the following for more detailed information:
>
> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/qemu-system-aarch64
>
> Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stefano

I was able to boot to uefi shell. What can I do further? What is my
overall goal? To build and run several instances of Linux? Make a
patch?

I have also proposed to make a port of xen for qemu-system-riscv (it
should be ready in Q2.2018) to people from riscv but I haven't
received any answer.Anyway, I would like to work with xen on embedded
platforms.

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov