Re: [Xen-devel] RTDS with extra time issue

Hello Meng,

On 10.02.18 06:53, Meng Xu wrote:
If the RT VCPU has only one RT task on it, we can synchronize the
release time of the VCPU and that of the RT task. In other words, the
release offset of both the VCPU and the RT task are the same in terms
of the wall clock. Then we can assign the task's parameter to the VCPU
and guarantee the task has no deadline miss if the VCPU has no
deadline miss.
IMO, such configuration could be useful for VCPU scheduling overhead estimations. Though it seems to be not realistic, because we need some instruments in that domain to measure if the task meets its deadline.

Andrii and Dario,
Do you think the assumption that one VCPU runs only one RT task is
reasonable in practice?
If it is, is there some use cases for this assumption?
No, I doubt real life use-cases would fit this scheme.

--

*Andrii Anisov*