Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Only one CPU available to Xen? (nr_cpus : 1)

>>> On 06.03.18 at 12:50, <hostingnuggets@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Regarding the second method of having UEFI loading directly the Xen
> EFI, I tried this out yesterday using the instructions on the Xen wiki
> (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_EFI#Xen_as_EFI_binary_.28loading.29)
> but I get the following error message right when starting to load the
> Xen 4.9.0 EFI loader:
>
> Read failed for initrd.img-4.13.0-36-generic: ErrCode: 0x8000000000000004
>
> Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

This is EFI_BAD_BUFFER_SIZE - I assume your EFI implementation
can't read arbitrary size blocks (which is a bug), and your initrd is
larger than that size. (Note that you'd have the same issue if you
used chain loading.) I guess your best route is to install a capable
GrUB then.

Jan