[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] X86 Community Call - Wed Apr 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC - Agenda

== Meeting Details == 

Wed April 11, 14:00 - 15:00 UTC 
Wed April 11, 15:00 - 16:00 BST 

International meeting times: 

== Dial-in == 


The conference supports VoiP and calling via numbers: however, you do have join 
the meeting via https://www.gotomeet.me/larskurth first

If you use GTM for the first time, you may want to join 2-3 minutes early. For 
further instructions, see 

== Agenda ==

 attachment and markdown below

# Agenda: x86 Community Call April 2018

_We seem to have a number of design related discussion on the agenda, as well 
as some

## Project Management stuff to keep the Momentum going

I will keep these in the agenda for progress tracking, but do not expect a 
discussion unless
someone requests so. ​Open ACTIONs marked in RED, ​closed in blue.

## [RFC XEN PATCH v4 00/41] Add vNVDIMM support to HVM domains

**Plan forward**
Royger to work with Zhang: write down the updated design first. Then resolve 
the difficult
outstanding issues either by mail or if this doesn’t work in a meeting.
**ACTION (only sent to Royger, not on list):** ​ Haozhong Zhang to update the 
design doc and
include it into the next version of the series (1st patch of series).
There were several off-line discussions and a whiteboard discussion. This seems 
even more
complex than we thought. This looks like it is progressing, but Royger/George 
have come
across gaps in relevant sections of ​ACPI / UEFI / NVDIMM specs, which make 
resolving this
**ACTION:** ​ Haozhong Zhang to drop the RFC and CC George and Roger
**ACTION:** ​ Royger will help and give feedback. George will also be involved 
as he needs to
review the memory side of the series. He will
**ACTION:** ​ If needed - we can set up a meeting between Zhang and other 
stakeholders. Lars
and John to take over an admin role to make sure developers can focus on the 

## [PATCH RFC 00/10] x86 passthrough code cleanup

## Sent in for meeting agenda by Wei

**ACTION (DONE):** ​John - ask Kevin Tian to give a clear go/no-go decision 
about the direction
of this series
**ACTION:** ​ Janakarajan Natarajan (AMD) to follow up within AMD

## [PATCH 0/7] paravirtual IOMMU interface

Sent in for meeting agenda by George

**ACTION:** ​Paul to resend the series with a clear problem statement. It may 
also make sense
for Andy, Paul and George to sit together

### [PATCH v4 0/4] x86/cpuid: enable new cpu features

From: Yang Zhong
Link: ​https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-01/msg00049.html
**ACTION (DONE):** ​Lars to point to the existing tool
See ​http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=tree;f=tools/tests/x86_emulator
Also, if you look in Jan's emulator series, most patches touch both the 
hypervisor and that
test logic​, e.g. many patches in 
**ACTION:** ​ John will make sure that Yang is following up on this.

## UPDATES / Design Discussions

### PVHv2 Status (Royger)

Royger will give an update on PVHv2 work.

### PCI Emulation - Future Direction (Royger, Stefano, Julien)

Discuss PCI emulation and our future direction. Our current hybrid with QEMU is 
increasingly problematic.
I would propose that we ​ **cut this off at say 35 minutes after the hour** ​, 
if we do not make
progress then we set up a separate forum for this, but we should get some of 
the issues out
into the open. We should also propose a Design Session at summit, but may try 
to progress
before by other means.

## Blocked Series

### [PATCH RFC 00/14] EPT-Based Sub-page Write Protection Support (​Zhang Yi)

RFC posted by Zhang Yi Oct 19, 2017

No acks, reviews only by memaccess maintainers / developers

Issues: Use case for the feature is still not clear and needs discussion

## Longer Term - No Code Reviews yet

### [PATCH RESEND v1 0/7] Intel Processor Trace virtulization enabling

v1.1 Posted by Kang, Luwei on 15 January 2018.
Issue: No feedback.

### [RFC PATCH v2 00/17] RFC: SGX Virtualization design and draft patches

Latest Posting Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017
Link: ​https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-12/msg00104.html
From: Boqun Feng
Number of ACKs: 0

Issue: No feedback.

## Longer Term - Progressing or Waiting

### [PATCH v4 00/28] add vIOMMU support with irq remapping function of virtual 

Sent in for meeting agenda by George
v3 posted by Lan Tianyu on 22 September 2017: ​marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=
v4 posted by Chao Gao: ​https://xen.markmail.org/thread/wfyorbn3nzsio6s
**Seems to have had review by Roger Pau Monne (1 ACK)
No issues**

### [RFC Patch v4 0/8] Extend resources to support more vcpus in single VM

Sent in by George
RFC v3 by Lan Tianyu: ​https://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=150530044827940​; (Sep 
RFC v4 re-posted by Chao Gao: 
​https://xen.markmail.org/thread/tlto7b3fadp7kkw6​; (Dec 17)
From: Chao Gao

Number of ACKs: 2
Quite a bit of feedback on v4 from a few people up to Feb 28th
Dependencies: Virtual interrupt remapping of virtual VT-d and Changes to IOREQ 
server is
based on Paul Durrant's "x86: guest resource mapping".

### [RFC PATCH 0/8] Add guest CPU topology support

Sent in for meeting agenda by George
Some feedback from Andrew Cooper and Daniel De Graaf
Dependencies: Andrew's CPUID work. Currently, this version doesn't have any 
But Andrew thought it was on the wrong direction. So Chao decided to wait for 
work to finish and rework based on CPUID.

Attachment: x86-xen-community-call.ics
Description: x86-xen-community-call.ics

Attachment: Agenda-x86-Community-Call-April-2018.pdf
Description: Agenda-x86-Community-Call-April-2018.pdf

Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.