Re: [Xen-devel] Query for running Xen on ARM

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 05/30/2018 05:18 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
I am not sure what the problem is. I would compared your partition table
with a standard Linux distro UEFI image [1] to see if there are any
important differences. Checkout the UEFI spec [2] section 13.3.1 onward
to read the details of the partitions and filesystem requirements.

I may have an idea of what's going on. Looking at the picture sent, The disk you show seems to be the one used by your Ubuntu running in VirtualBox. This seems to be confirmed by your previous e-mail where you mention sda1. Am I right?

   Chaitanya - Yes you are absolutely right. I have Virtualbox on which I am running Ubuntu.  And I have sda1 disk (bootable) which is FAT32
   (1st partition for mapping fs0:).

You need to create that partition in the image used by QEMU. But likely this will already be there if you use a pre-built image (e.g ubuntu or else). I am assuming you were booting Linux using UEFI.

  Chaitanya: I able to boot Linux through UEFI because I have root = rootfs.cpio which I created from buildroot. And in config file of Linux I have put INITRAMFS =        "rootfs.cpio" . So do you want me to give root=/dev/sda1 while booting Linux on qemu?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

Thanks,