Re: [Xen-devel] [Notes for xen summit 2018 design session] Process changes: is the 6 monthly release Cadence too short, Security Process, ...

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 06:03:39PM +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> We then had a discussion around why the positive benefits didn't materialize:
> * Andrew and a few other believe that the model isn't broken, but that the
> issue is with how we
>   develop. In other words, moving to a 9 months model will *not* fix the
> underlying issues, but
>   merely provide an incentive not to fix them.
> * Issues highlighted were:
>   * 2-3 months stabilizing period is too long

I think one of the goals with the 6 month release cycle was to shrink
the stabilizing period, but it didn't turn that way, and the
stabilizing period is quite similar with a 6 or a 9 month release
cycle.

Roger.