Re: [Xen-devel] [Notes for xen summit 2018 design session] Process changes: is the 6 monthly release Cadence too short, Security Process, ...

Juergen Gross writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [Notes for xen summit 2018 design
session] Process changes: is the 6 monthly release Cadence too short, Security
Process, ..."):
> On 06/07/18 16:08, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I think you are conflating "released" with "tested".  In the current
> > osstest setup each test of xen-unstable#staging is done with *tested*
> > versions of all the other trees.
>
> And what about tests of the other trees? Do those only use
> xen-unstable#master? If yes, I'm fine.

Yes, exactly.  Good.

> > So barring heisenbugs, hardware problems, or whatever, blocking
> > failures will be due to changes in xen-unstable#staging.
> > (Host-specific failures might also slip through, but this is not very
> > likely.)
> >
> > The problem is that we have too many "heisenbugs, hardware problems,
> > or whatever".
>
> Yes.

Right.  I think that's what we need to work on.  I am trying, but
there is only one of me and I have other responsibilities too...

Ian.