Re: [Xen-devel] [Notes for xen summit 2018 design session] Process changes: is the 6 monthly release Cadence too short, Security Process, ...

Wei Liu writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [Notes for xen summit 2018 design session]
Process changes: is the 6 monthly release Cadence too short, Security Process,
..."):
> Osstest is really resource intense and heavy weight. We need to think of
> a way to  reduce its turnaround time.  Or we can introduce other
> auxiliary test systems to reduce its burden.

We should pursue both of these strategies simultaneously.

I have a plan to improve osstest's efficiency by having it reinstall
test hosts less often.  But of course there's only one of me and there
is often a fire to be put out (and automated firefighting machinery to
develop).

Ian.