Re: [Xen-devel] Emulation and active (valid) interrupts

>>> On 08.08.18 at 16:26, <rcojocaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to already have a valid interrupt written in
> VM_ENTRY_INTR_INFO at EXIT_REASON_EPT_VIOLATION-time in
> vmx_vmexit_handler()?

You mean right after the exit? Where would that come from? I'm
afraid I don't see the connection to your issue (or the call traces
you've provided).

I also can't help but thinking that we've had a similar discussion
before, with the (iirc) clear outcome that injection of the various
kinds of events needs to be re-arranged to strictly follow
architectural definitions. That is, for example, no interrupt may
be injected before _all_ exception injection sources for the
current insn have been dealt with. That's because real hardware
also only ever checks for interrupts at instruction boundaries,
not in the middle of processing an instruction.

Jan