Re: [Xen-devel] Emulation and active (valid) interrupts

>>> On 13.08.18 at 14:51, <rcojocaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So first we've got that vmx_idtv_reinject() call writing to the VMCS,
> then we emulate a CLI, then the failed vmentry. I can't tell if the CLI
> ran first and then an interrupt popped up, or if an interrupt had
> already been __vmwrit()ten and then CLI caused the invalid guest state.

I'd expect it to be the latter - an external interrupt presumably
can't be injected when EFLAGS.IF is clear. Why are we emulating
CLI in the first place? With a pending external interrupt, shouldn't
we just exit back to guest context without emulating anything?

Jan