Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to build staging-4.9 on RHEL6

>>> On 24.08.18 at 04:56, <netwiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When trying to build both xen and qemu-xen from the staging-4.9
> branches, I'm running into issues compiling.
>
> Errors start with:
>
> BUILDSTDERR: sse.c: In function 'simd_test':
> BUILDSTDERR: sse.c:319: error: subscripted value is neither array nor
> pointer

That's the x86 insn emulator test harness afaict, which doesn't get
built unless you explicitly ask for it. Why are you building it? It's
well known that it requires a new enough compiler (and the bar will
raise with AVX512 support, which is in the works).

Jan