Re: [Xen-devel] Does XEN ARM support RTC in domu?

On 11/1/18 3:37 AM, Peng Fan wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hi Peng,

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Grall [mailto:julien.grall@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 2018年11月1日 2:52
To: Peng Fan <peng.fan@xxxxxxx>; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Stefano
Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Does XEN ARM support RTC in domu?

On 10/31/18 1:57 PM, Peng Fan wrote:
Hi All,

Hi,

Just have a question, does XEN ARM support RTC in domu? To support Android
in DomU, RTC is needed for alarm, but I did not find information about RTC on
xen for domu. So this need a new RTC paravirtualization driver? Any suggestions?

By RTC, do you mean Real-Time Clock? Something like PL031? Or do you have
something else in mind?

Yes, Real Time Clock like PL031 in DomU. I do not have a good idea support RTC
in ARM DomU,
KVM and XEN x86 seems use emulated RTC in qemu. Thinking of paravirtual RTC,
and dom0
control the expire time for alarm.

The PL031 is quite small (based on the QEMU version). So I think it would be fine to provide an emulation in the hypervisor.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall