Re: [Xen-devel] dom0/pvh: Dom0 PVH with PCI passthrough support status

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 15:19:22 +0000, Wei Liu wrote:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 01:32:38PM +0200, Alexandru Vasile wrote:
Hello,

There is some low-hanging fruit, both in Xen and the Linux kernel,
which can really be worked in parallel by different parties, so let me
know if you have some capacity and we can speak about sharing the
workload.
Could you share more details about the low-hanging fruit?

Following with an update, I managed to start a PVH Dom0 with the patches
from Roger’s fixes branch http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/royger/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fixes-pvh-v2
and with the xen kernel tip
https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/xen/tip/ (a978a5b –
latest commit).

When trying to PCI passthrough a NIC to a HVM DomU guest from PVH Dom0, the
host completely freezes and reboots and xl returns the following errors:
I think you mean xl returns such error before the host freezes?

Yes, xl returns the said errors, computer freezes and then reboots. I attached the serial log as a replay to Roger's message[0].

Thanks, Alex.

[0] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-11/msg00326.html

Amazon Development Center (Romania) S.R.L. registered office: 27A Sf. Lazar Street, UBC5, floor 2, Iasi, Iasi County, 700045, Romania. Registered in Romania. Registration number J22/2621/2005.