Re: [Xen-devel] dom0/pvh: Dom0 PVH with PCI passthrough support status

On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 04:17:56PM +0200, Alexandru Vasile wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 12:57 PM, Wei Liu wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 11:58:09AM +0200, Alexandru Vasile wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > (XEN) event_channel.c:319:d0v1 EVTCHNOP failure: domain 1, error -22
> > > (XEN) event_channel.c:319:d0v3 EVTCHNOP failure: domain 1, error -22
> > Do you perhaps have more than one xenstored / xenconsoled running?
>
> The processes listed by 'ps -aux | grep xen' immediately after dom0 boots
> are oxenstored, xenconsoled and xenwatchdogd.
>
> I did start 'xencommons ' from my install folder due to xl showing the name
> of Dom0 as '(null)' and also because of a difference in output error from xl
> when creating a HVM DomU with passthrough (the output is captured in files
> xl_output_clean[0] and xl_output_xencommons[1]).

Roger has already answered  your questions, I just want to add to this:
running xencommons manually is likely to start a second instance of some
services. You can fix this by configure your system properly. If you use
systemd, just enable all xen related units.

Wei.