Re: [Xen-devel] arm: xl vcpu-pin leads to oom-killer slashing processes

Hello All,

OK, I've discovered a mechanism of the issue.
It is  because of `d->max_pages = ~0U;` in a `construct_dom0()`.
When I do vcpu-pin, libxl updates memory nodes in xenstore for Dom0. Then
kernel watch sees those changes and trying to set new target for ballon, but
the target becomes extremely high, and baloon sucks all the pages.

In my kernel (4.14) in `watch_target()` function there is a code:

        target_diff = xen_pv_domain() ? 0
                : static_max - balloon_stats.target_pages;

Here we have `xen_pv_domain()` equal to zero, so `target_diff` big. Then, few
lines below:

        balloon_set_new_target(new_target - target_diff);

`balloon_set_new_target()` receives a value wrapped over 64bit what kills the
system.

Now I'm looking for an appropriate kernel patch for the kernel, to fix that.
Any suggestions?

--
Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.