Re: [Xen-devel] Xen commit 9b0bc91b3 possibly removed too much info from README

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 18:29, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sure. I will write a patch.
>
> Wei.

Couple of other things I noticed after posting the original observation,
that might be of use in patching the documentation

1)

The tools/Makefile has a bare PYTHON EnvVar that isn't seemingly
replaced by the PYTHON= value supplied to configure, so I also
needed to specify the

PYTHON=/path/to/interpreter

as an argument to the "make world" as well as to the configure.

2)

In the top-level INSTALL file, we read

----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
SMBIOS_REL_DATE=mm/dd/yyyy
VGABIOS_REL_DATE="dd Mon yyyy"

During tools build external repos will be cloned into the source tree.
This variable can be used to point to a different git binary to be used.
GIT=

During tools build external repos will be cloned into the source tree.
During stubdom build external packages will be downloaded into the
source tree. These variables can be used to point to a different
locations.
XEN_EXTFILES_URL=
OVMF_UPSTREAM_URL=

Is that second

   During tools build external repos will be cloned into the source tree.

above the

   During stubdom build

required ?

FWIW, I noticed (2)  because I didn't have Git in my LFS system at
point that I was trying to build Xen inside it.

Kevin