Re: [Xen-devel] Xen project CI systems and committer workflow

Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: Xen project CI systems and committer workflow"):
> While everything presented here is fine to do as a matter of policy, the
> committers still need to retain the ability to actually push directly to
> the staging branches on xen.git

Why ?

In particular, this seems to presuppose that these "staging" branches
continue to exist.

One of our strange practices is that we push things to a non-rewinding
branch before they have been tested.  Now, OK, we have been doing that
for over a decade - since before people really invented the modern
concept of "CI" - but that doesn't make it sensible.

Ian.