Re: [Xen-devel] linux 4.19 xenstore memory allocation failure Re: [linux-4.19 test] 135420: regressions - FAIL

Roger Pau Monne writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] linux 4.19 xenstore memory allocation
failure Re: [linux-4.19 test] 135420: regressions - FAIL"):
> On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 11:42:04AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Can we assume that memory exhaustion will always result in some
> > message from the memory allocator ?  If so then this new log message
>
> I'm not sure I understand to what new log message you are referring
> to. The dev_err call is already present in xenbus_va_dev_error, so
> everything that's attempted to write to xenstore should also be
> printed on the console.

Oh, I misunderstood.  I thought you were talking about a hypothetical
new dev_err call.

Does that mean that you think in this case it tried to write a message
to the console and that too failed due to lack of memory ?

In which case it probably did the best it could.

Thanks,
Ian.