Re: [Xen-devel] Regression in xen-unstable due to commit 3802ecbaa9eb36

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:57:35PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am Thu, 16 May 2019 12:45:40 +0200
> schrieb Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Having a field in build_info with a default value that depends on
> > fields outside of build_info is problematic, since not all callers of
> > libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault have access to libxl_domain_config.
>
> One option would be a new API that gets a libxl_domain_config and which
> calls libxl__domain_set_device_model, libxl__domain_create_info_setdefault
> and libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault. To me it looks like create_domain
> can not build a proper d_config all on its own, it just has not enough info.

If you're talking about adding a new _public_ API:

The problem with this approach is that it doesn't help existing libxl
users. They will need to be fixed by calling this new API.

Will it work if 1) you make libxl__domain_set_device_model idempotent
and 2) call it from within libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault (which
basically restores the original code path before your patch)?

Wei.