Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.11-testing test] 136385: regressions - FAIL

Hi Ian,

On 20/05/2019 11:30, Ian Jackson wrote:
osstest service owner writes ("[xen-4.11-testing test] 136385: regressions -
FAIL"):
flight 136385 xen-4.11-testing real [real]
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/136385/

Regressions :-(

Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
including tests which could not be run:
  test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemut-debianhvm-amd64 10 debian-hvm-install fail REGR.
vs. 135683
  test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemut-debianhvm-i386-xsm 10 debian-hvm-install fail REGR.
vs. 135683

These are a known bug.  The Debian "stretch" ("stable") i386 kernel
simply does not work under Xen HVM.  I don't thnk this is anything to
do with the 4.11 Xen commits under test here.  It is appearing here in
this flight because I reorganised the amd64/i386 test jobs.

  test-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2 16 guest-start/debian.repeat fail REGR. vs. 135683

I looked at this.  I thought it might be the known xenstore memory
handling bug but it doesn't seem to be.  I looked at the logs and the
guest seems simply not to have started at all.  There is nothing from
it in its pv console.  Adding some ARM folks.  I have a memory of some
allegation that there is a fundamental cache mismanagement problem
which might cause this, in which case we probably ought to force push.

There are indeed some cache mismanagement on Xen 4.11, but they were never reliable. In this case, they seem to be reliable. So this may well be different.

Before the last 2 flights, the kernel was compiled natively. Now it is cross-compiled on x86 machine. So there are a difference in the way the kernel is built.

Could we try a flight with kernel built from the cubietruck?

On a side note, I noticed that the name of the file [1] leads to think it is a gzip, but it is actually a plain text.

Cheers,

[1] http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/136385/test-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2/cubietruck-gleizes---var-log-xen-console-guest-debian.guest.osstest.log.gz

Ian.

--