Re: [Xen-devel] Stable trees (4.6 and 4.7), building on stretch, osstest, redux

Am Tue, 28 May 2019 20:59:24 +0100
schrieb Ian Jackson <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I am still struggling with this.  4.7 and 4.6 still do not build.

I maintain the various staging-X.Y branches for various releases,
just for my own entertainment. The remaining build error in SLE_15
(and Tumbleweed) is some asm error in ipxe. It was silently fixed
by rearranging the code, so there was no single commit to cherry-pick.
At some point I lost interest and did not finish the work to make it
build again.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:olh:xen-4.7/xen

The individual changes:

https://github.com/olafhering/xen/compare/olh-base-staging-4.7...olh-fixes-staging-4.7
https://github.com/olafhering/qemu-xen/compare/olh-base-xen-staging-4.7...olh-fixes-xen-staging-4.7
https://github.com/olafhering/seabios/compare/olh-base-xen-staging-4.7...olh-fixes-xen-staging-4.7
https://github.com/olafhering/edk2/compare/olh-base-xen-staging-4.7...olh-fixes-xen-staging-4.7
https://github.com/olafhering/ipxe/compare/olh-base-xen-staging-4.7...olh-fixes-xen-staging-4.7

Since I last touched it a few months ago, Tumbleweed moved on and will
require additional changes for gcc9. Not sure how stale Stretch is.

To see changes for other staging-X.Y branches, replace '4.7' as needed.

Olaf