Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough bug with x86 HVM

On 24.06.19 20:47, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
+ xen-devel

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Hi all,

I might have found a bug with PCI passthrough to a Linux HVM guest on
x86 with Xen 4.12. It is not easy for me to get access, and especially
change components, on this particular system, and I don't have access to
other x86 boxes at the moment, so apologies for the partial information
report. The setup is as follow:

- two PCI devices have been assigned to a HVM guest, everything is fine
- reboot the guest from inside, i.e. `reboot' in Linux
- after the reboot completes, only one device is assigned

Before the reboot, I see all the appropriate xenstore entries for both
devices. Everything is fine. After the reboot, I can only see the
xenstore entries of one device. It is as if the other device
"disappeared" without throwing any errors.

Have you seen this before? Do you know if it has been fixed in staging?
I noticed this fix which seems to be very relevant:

https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-11/msg01616.html

but it is already included in 4.12.

Stefano, could you please try the attached patch? It is only compile
tested for now.

Juergen