Re: [Xen-devel] Design Session report: Toolstacks

On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 14:59 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> Looking through the notes, it seems like the first part of this
> discussion, re hypervisor upgrade / downgrade & libraries, was partly
> covered in the distro session, in which Debian's Xen version co-
> install
> was discussed and found useful even if we had a hypervisor , Ian
> Jackson
> agreed to post Debian's co-install patches.

Yea.

That's also useful for the live-update project, where we want to (in
the future) use the userspace tools and libraries depending on which
Xen version is in use at a time.

It doesn't need to be much smarter than symlinks for binaries at the
first go, and the symlinks updated each time a live-update operation
succeeds.

Beyond that, for libraries, we'll have to do much smarter things
eventually.