Re: [Xen-devel] [GIT PULL] dma-mapping updates for 5.4

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 8:27 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> please pull the dma-mapping updates for 5.4.

Pulled.

> In addition to the usual Kconfig conflics where you just want to keep
> both edits there are a few more interesting merge issues this time:
>
>  - most importanly powerpc and microblaze add new callers of
>    dma_atomic_pool_init, while this tree marks the function static
>    and calls it from a common postcore_initcall().  The trivial
>    functions added in powerpc and microblaze adding the calls
>    need to be removed for the code to compile.  This will not show up
>    as a merge conflict and needs to be dealt with manually!

So I haven't gotten the powerpc or microblaze pull requests yet, so
I'm not able to fix that part up yet.

Intead, I'm cc'ing Michael Ellerman and Michal Simek to ask them to
remind me when they _do_ send those pull requests, since otherwise I
may well forget and miss it. Without an actual data conflict, and
since this won't show up in my build tests either, it would be very
easy for me to forget.

Micha[e]l, can you both please make sure to remind me?

             Linus