Re: [Xen-devel] Likely regression in efi=no-rs option

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 11:31 PM Rich Persaud <persaur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2019, at 02:13, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, to sum up -- there's definitely a pretty major regression on all
> > this hardware with Xen 4.13 RC2:
> >
> > https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/gateways-embedded-computing/sc/gateways-embedded-pcs/edge-gateway?~ck=bt
> >
> > Without efi=no-rs option Xen panics on boot (sorry for attaching the
> > screenshot -- I know it is not super helpful but it gets the point
> > across)
>
> I don't think the screenshot came through..

Somehow I managed to attach it to my reply to Marek ;-)

https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2019-11/jpgQ5AktZzvAH.jpg

> By "without efi=no-rs" do you mean "efi=rs" or no explicit value for efi on
> the Xen command line?

No explicit value. Is there a difference? I assumed default (no
explicit value) means efi=rs -- am I mistaken?

> > With efi=no-rs Xen boots fine, but Dom0 can't come up.
>
> Is that with RC2, or RC2 + the recent patch from Marek for efi=no-rs?

Just vanilla RC2 -- like I said -- I think I have trouble building his
with patch (see my reply to him).

>  Any serial logs from dom0 boot?  Can you share the dom0 kernel command line
> with all options?

Would be happy to share them once I get to the lab (and hopefully by
that time I can figure out how to build with Marek's patch).

Thanks,
Roman.