Re: [Xen-devel] Status of 4.13

On 21.11.19 08:30, Steven Haigh wrote:
On 2019-11-21 17:05, Jürgen Groß wrote:
Where do we stand with Xen 4.13 regarding blockers and related patches?

2. Ryzen/Rome failures with Windows guests:
   What is the currently planned way to address the problem? Who is
   working on that?

A workaround was found by specifying cpuid values in the Windows VM config file.

The workaround line is:
cpuid = [ "0x80000008:ecx=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0100xxxxxxxxxxxx" ]

It was suggested that this be documented - but no immediate action should be taken - with a view to correct this properly in 4.14.

I'm aware of the suggestion, but not of any decision. :-)

I'm not sure the status of any patches / additions to documentation - however maybe this is the wiki? I'll leave that for someone else to comment on.

I guess this would need to go into the release notes at least.

Juergen