Re: [Xen-devel] Xen hiding thermal capabilities from Dom0

On 21.11.19 16:36, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 21.11.2019 15:24, Jürgen Groß wrote:
So: no, just giving dom0 access to the management hardware isn't going
to fly. You need to have a proper virtualization layer for that purpose.

Or, like I had done in our XenoLinux forward port, you need to
go through hoops to make the coretemp driver actually understand
the environment it's running in.

This will still not guarantee you'll be able to reach all physical
cpus. IIRC you pinned the vcpu to the respective physical cpu for
performing its duty, but with cpupools this might not be possible for
all physical cpus in the system.

Juergen