Re: use of "stat -"

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:52:25AM -0400, Jason Andryuk wrote:
> I was just looking to remove perl since it's a large dependency for
> this single use.  I'm not tied to a particular approach.

Have you tried to remove Perl from a system?  This is possible, but on
many systems there will be hundreds or thousands of other programs which
already cause Perl to be installed.

Perl doesn't have the mindshare it once did, but it is far from dead.  A
new desktop Linux installation might have less than a hundred programs
depending on Perl.  A new developer Linux installation will likely have
hundreds of programs depending on Perl.  A decades old system like Jan
is testing, there will like thousands.

Removing dependancies is good.  Perhaps this is looking a few years into
the future where Perl is even less common.

 \BS (    |         ehem+sigmsg@xxxxxxx  PGP 87145445         |    )   /
8A19\___\_|_/58D2 7E3D DDF4 7BA6 <-PGP-> 41D1 B375 37D0 8714\_|_/___/5445