Re: ARM - Successful install on RockPro64

Dear Bertrand,

Just to confirm that the Linux distro is Gentoo.  I know it's not very common these days, but I have used it for very many years and it is what I am used to.

Gentoo has a xen package but only for arm32 and then masked as unstable so I just grabbed 4.13 via git.  It also has a xen-tools package which is packaged for arm64 (although still masked as unstable) so I unmasked and used that.  There were a couple of dependency problems with the package but after I resolved those it seemed to work OK.

There is also a Gentoo u-boot tools package for arm64 but again I got u-boot via git.

I would be happy to try to report my success via the smoke test page (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_Manual_Smoke_Test/Results) if I can figure out how.  Strangely, I can't see anything listed under "Test Results" from anyone else.  Perhaps it is a problem with my browser.

I also notice an instruction which reads "Test hypervisor functionalities: clone raisin on the platform and run ./raise test".  I can try to do this if it will help.  Do I just run "git clone <link from web page>" and then presumably the test prints out some results?

Happy to try a beta version of Xen if you decide to include the patch and I can also try some of the interrupt config options if you want.

Cheers,

    Richard