Re: ARM - Successful install on RockPro64

Hello,

On 16/06/2020 09:33, Richard Simpson wrote:
I would be happy to try to report my success via the smoke test page (https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_Manual_Smoke_Test/Results) if I can figure out how.  Strangely, I can't see anything listed under "Test Results" from anyone else.  Perhaps it is a problem with my browser.
This is not a browser problem :). In the past, we did attempt to list all the boards we know works on a given version of Xen. But this never really gain any momentum.

If there is any specific setup you need for your board (e.g. non-upstream kernel, a new U-boot...), then I would suggest to create a new page with steps to boot Xen the platform. You can have a look how we list the other boards in [1].

I also notice an instruction which reads "Test hypervisor functionalities: clone raisin on the platform and run ./raise test".  I can try to do this if it will help.  Do I just run "git clone <link from web page>" and then presumably the test prints out some results?

It is just meant to be an easy way to test basic functionality of Xen (e.g booting a guest). You seem to have done it manually, so it should be sufficient.

Happy to try a beta version of Xen if you decide to include the patch and I can also try some of the interrupt config options if you want.

The patch should already be included in xen 4.14-rc2. Would you mind to give a spin?

Best regards,

[1] https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions

--
Julien Grall