Re: Runstate hypercall and Linux KPTI issues

On 10.09.2020 15:46, Bertrand Marquis wrote:
> Some open questions:
> - should we allow to register an area using both hypercalls or should it be
> exclusive ?

I thought it was already clarified that to a certain degree both need
to remain usable at least in sequence, to allow transitioning control
between entirely independent entities (bootloader -> kernel -> dump-
kernel, for example).

> - should we backport the support for this hypercall in older kernel releases ?

It's a bug fix to KPTI, and as such ought to be at least eligible for
considering doing so?

Jan