Re: [xen-unstable-smoke test] 155612: regressions - FAIL

Hi,

On 10/10/2020 12:42, Trammell Hudson wrote:
On Friday, October 9, 2020 10:27 PM, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
Looks like arm64 is crashing fairly early on boot.

This is probably caused by "efi: Enable booting unified
hypervisor/kernel/initrd images".

Darn it.  I'm working out how to build and boot qemu aarch64 so
that I can figure out what is going on.

FWIW, in OSSTest, we are chainloading Xen from GRUB. I have tried to chainloading on QEMU but couldn't get to work so far (even without your series).

Although, I have no trouble to boot using the GRUB way (i.e. via multiboot).

Also, I'm not sure that it is possible to build a unified arm
image right now; objcopy (and all of the obj* tools) say
"File format not recognized" on the xen.efi file.  The MZ file
is not what they are expecting for ARM executables.

IIUC, you are trying to add section into the EFI binary and not the ELF. Is it correct?

I don't know what x86 is doing but for Arm, xen.efi (and Linux Image) is custom built. So it may lack information to be recognized by objdump.

My knowledge of objdump is fairly limited. If you are interested to fix it, then I would suggest to ask the binutils community what they expect.

We could then adapt so objdump can recognize it.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall