Re: [RFC] MAINTAINERS tag for cleanup robot

On Mon, 2020-11-23 at 09:33 +1100, Finn Thain wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2020, Joe Perches wrote:

> > But provably correct conversions IMO _should_ be done and IMO churn
> > considerations should generally have less importance.
[]
> Moreover, the patch review workload for skilled humans is being generated
> by the automation, which is completely backwards: the machine is supposed
> to be helping.

Which is why the provably correct matters.

coccinelle transforms can be, but are not necessarily, provably correct.

The _show transforms done via the sysfs_emit_dev.cocci script are correct
as in commit aa838896d87a ("drivers core: Use sysfs_emit and sysfs_emit_at
for show(device *...) functions")

Worthwhile?  A different question, but I think yes as it reduces the
overall question space of the existing other sprintf overrun possibilities.