Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.15 - release status, branching tomorrow

> The revert seems unattractive.  Your suggested command line option
> sounds like a good workaround to me.  Under the circumstances it seems
> like it should default to the old behaviour, as I think you are
> suggesting.
>
> So I am be inclined to ask if you, Jan, would prepare a patch
> implementing such an option.  Anyone else have any opinions ?

I've replied to Jan's patch as well. IMHO having the option but
leaving things broken without the option set is a bad user experience
as we don't have a way to tell the user when the option is needing to
be set during install. Asking users to see if Xen crashes during boot
is a bad user experience as part of the setup. There should be an
automatic fallback to try enabling the legacy option if things don't
work without it.

Tamas